June 28, 2011
Queen’s Park Constituency Office
Main Legislative Building 20 Hughson Street South
Room 113 Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario Hamilton, Ontario
M7A 1A5 L8N 2A1
Re: Your launch campaign and critic - Children and Youth Services
First of all, I would like to congratulate you on your successful campaign on Saturday June 25, 2011. It was my first time at a launch campaign, and I was a very attentive attendee. It was my personal observation that I was attending a well organized and well orchestrated production. Under those three big screens, your script was in view under a good coach, and with the well planned scene, you brought meaning to the script. You didn’t miss a beat. Your stage presence was excellent.
You talked about:
• How people have been feeling ignored by this government
• Ontario needs to put people first
• Cutting emergency room wait times
• Create jobs
• Hydro, Gas, Taxes, etc - all very important subjects
The list is long and you are now ready to lead the province.
This worries me, as you chose not to speak up on one of the most critical issue in history in Canada. Something is killing our children. It is much more widespread than AIDS and nothing is being done about it. Children have become prisoners of Children's Aid and have been taken hostage, not by stranger down the street, but by someone who is being paid by tax dollars for their protection so they can be safe and secure. The abuse and the deaths of those children is a secret crime well protected by our government. We have an estimate of 100 children a year dying in Ontario. Corporations have enormous security guards. Kids are screaming out the pain from foster home to juvenile home and treatment centre. I call this " The Silent Scream for Help". Many give up hope: some have been forgotten and others are being murdered. Society doesn't even care enough to help, therefore, SOMEONE needs to listen.
I have being listening and did a lot of research. Are you willing to do the same as a Critic, Children and Youth Services? In the past five years in Ontario, there were 509 children who died under the ministry supervision. Nameless and faceless. Are you willing to allow this to continue and turn a blind eye to the pain, terror, and devastation of those children and families?
If you want to lead people, you need to be truly committed to excellence. Canada is in peril and, unless we deal with it now, we can say RIP Canada. You need to have a full commitment in all urgent crisis.
Miss Horwath, this is what I saw. You are cutting yourself from the common people who really need to be heard. And you have chosen not to talk about what is one of the most important issues - the Children’s Aid!!! The social worker system, as it applies to children, is out of control - seriously out of control. It is full of corruption with abuse of power.
In my view, this should be one of the key element that is crucial for the election process. Ensuring that the children are safe and well cared for. ACTION is urgently needed. I know you have fought for the Ombudsman but you are I both know this will not solve the problem. Why do we need oversight at the first place? They are there to protect children supposedly. That’s their job whether they want to do this job or not; whether they want to know about it or not. And you do know that the work of child-welfare organizations has become “parenting by the state and the burden of their value system on other people,” This is dangerous, and need to stop.
Here is my concerns and what I know:
• Delivering document by hand in your office does not get a response
• Not responding to telephone calls (you have a reputation for that). This is telling me that we don’t count, so I can only imagine if you win what will happen if we the people have a problem. You are not even Premier yet, and you are ignoring the common people. By the way, Tim Hudak does the same thing. Now our public servant are bold enough to show it doesn’t matter we have the people in the palm of our hands.
• Clearly your attention is not on the poorest to the poorest
• I believe you could make a good premier, you have extremely wonderful qualities. However, no moral and ethical people can justify the continuation of the social failure. If you don’t have love for the people in your heart you simply cannot give it.
• Many life can be changed if we are willing to all work together, and prevent these horrible child abuse in our own country Canada.
I like to have a meeting to discuss my further concerns.
Alfredine (Linda ) Plourde
Alfredine (LInda) Plourde
Protecting Canadian Children
www.facebook.com search Alfredine Linda Plourde